Review: My Scheming Grape Seed Extract Mask

It was the super fast weekend and I tested out my 2nd My Scheming mask. This time in Grape Seed Extract. I wasn't sure what to expect but I wasn't disappointed at the end. Another success, could this be a face sheet mask brand I could always rely on? I'll probably test another some other time - to decide.

So on to the review...


- Description -
Oligomenic Proanthocyanidins, the main ingredient of grape seed extract possesses good effects on preventing and smoothening wrinkles, and restraining aging. Grape seed extract is a good anti-oxidant and stabilizes collagen. Natural plant extracts are added in the mask to enhance and supplement skin moisture which may be lost in the day.


- Ingredient -

Collagen, Polyphenols, Xantham Gum, 1,3-Butylene Glycol, Grape Seed Extract, Monopropylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Cucumber extract, Glycerine, Disodium Edta, Methyl paraben, Sorbeth-30, Methylisothiazolinone, Water


- Direction of use -
After cleansing, remove pearl paper and place the mask over your face. Press it lightly onto your face. Leave on for about 15-20 minutes. Remove the mask. Pat and leave for essence to absorb.

Made in Taiwan.

What did I do?

1) Open the sachet
Expect to see something like this

2) Gently take out the pearl paper or sheet mask or whatever you want to call it
It will come out folded as shown in the picture. Just beware, it really IS soaking dripping wet in essence.

3) Gently unfold it ...
4) Place the mask over your face... pressing it gently and massaging the essence on your skin. You can leave this on for 15-20 minutes as the direction states, but, being me I like to leave this sort of mask on for about an hour. So that's what I did! I left it on for 1 whole hour! And I can't believe I'm about to share with all of you what I look like for that 1 whole hour...

Yeah, creepy, I know... anyway moving on...

Unfortunately, I had no idea what went wrong with my camera but I did take photos of my skin after the mask. But it was not saved somehow! I could not find it anywhere! Gone! Zilch! So I'm sorry but I don't have an after photo... yet I can tell you my thoughts on it... read on...


Verdict: 4.5/5

Skin felt soft and smoothened after use of the mask. The essence would get absorbed into your skin pretty fast (maybe because I left it on for 1 hour) after you remove the mask. In an instant, you felt that your skin was brightened and much plumper. You feel like pinching and feeling your cheeks because it felt like baby's bottoms. One note that gives this mask a slightly different experience compared to the Caviar extract, that with this one my skin felt as though it needed moisturiser to seal in the essence that has absorbed into the skin. While the Caviar extract felt like you did not need moisturiser. However, when I applied moisturiser after this Grape Seed extract, my moisturiser seemed to take longer to absorb into my skin compared to after using the Caviar extract. - Gosh, did that explanation even make sense at all?

This stuff smells good too, by the way. It is not sticky either.


So maybe you're wondering, what on earth is Oligomeric Proanthocyanidins that is supposed to be in this mask, right? Well, let me tell you a bit about it.

OP, let's just call it OP, saves us from trying to spell this amazingly long scientific antioxidant name all the time. Yes, as I've just mentioned, it is an antioxidant - a potent one at that. It is usually extracted from Grape Seed (hence this mask is named after), Red Wine or Pine bark. It is bioavailable - meaning that it is readily absorbed into the body.

It is a water-soluble bioflavanoids - complex organic plant compounds that are found mostly in fruits, vegetables and certain tree barks. They are powerful antioxidants and assist in influencing the body immune system to fight all the bad stuff such as infection, allergies, and inflammation.

Now, OP is considered to be the most potent antioxidant of them all! Other benefits of OP include supporting the production of collagen and elastin. And we all know by now that collagen and elastin helps with maintaining the goodness and elasticity of our skin. Very beneficial indeed!!


An interesting fact: OP can also prevent heart disease by maintaining capillary health! (Of course this is related to those "if" they take OP as supplements) - we are talking about face masks here.

Alrighty, enough of the science talk - I shall let you all continue with your what it is you are meant to do right now... be it sleeping, waking up, eating lunch or dinner or what not... or doing homeworks! Do your homeworks, peeps! Hahaha...

Hope this review is useful and all products mentioned were purchased by me, none were sponsored in any way.

Hope you all have a good week ahead!

x to the o to the x to o,
c

Comments

Miss A said…
Thanks for this great review. Very helpful!
I'm yet to find my HG face mask but I haven't given up ;)

xx

beautyandmakeupboudoir.blogspot.com
Anonymous said…
Great Review! Thanks for sharing!

PopBlush xo
Vanessa said…
Great post! I def learned a lot!
Sparkle&Grey said…
Fab review, and great blog too :)
sparkle-and-grey.blogspot.com
Lene said…
Thank you for the review :)
I've not tried these masks yet.. only the my beauty diary ones *_*
Elisa ♥ said…
I've tried this 2 days ago haha.. and i liked it as well =D i'm liking the grape scent of this mask ^^ !! and the price is great =p

Popular Posts