Review: My Scheming Caviar Extract Mask

How was everyone's Valentine's? How's everyone's week been anyway? I woke up with a really aching right shoulder/back, where my shoulder blade should be and I guessed the muscle had somehow tensed up and it's aching pretty badly that I cannot turn my head to my right! Argh!

Putting that aside, I purchased sheet masks for the first time yesterday and tried it last night and was surprised by the after face! So which mask did I try?

Brand: My Scheming
Type: Caviar Extract

Description
"Caviar extract regard as "Ocean Diamond" is an excellent anti-oxidant, which contains rich phospholipid, phosphoprotein, human-needed DNA, vitamins and amino acids, enable to activate and renew skin. It gives your skin with moisture and firming by repairing damaged skin and reviving skin function. The mask additionally adds fagus sylvatica extract and vitamin E, which improve normal function of the skin and its activity. Your skin can be mild and tender as infant."

Ingredients
Caviar, Vitamin E, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lecithin, Fagus sylvatica extract, Xanthan gum, 1,3-Butylene glycol, cucumber extract, Hydroxyethyl urea, Biosaccharide gum, Scleroglucan, Polyquaternium-39, Triethanolamine, Ethoxydiglycol, Disodium Edta, Water

Direction of use
After cleansing, remove pearl paper and place the mask over your face. Press it lightly onto your face. Leave on for about 15-20 minutes. Remove the mask. Pat and leave for essence to absorb.

Made in Taiwan.

So what exactly did I do? Hahaha I actually didn't read the directions and just use it, well it's no rocket science, really...

1) Open the sachet
2) Gently take out the essence-soaked mask sheet paper - be gentle and careful, as you do not want to tear it. It will come out folded as seen in the following picture...
3) Carefully unfold it to reveal the face of a ghost... hah, no, really, look at it
One thing about this mask is that, the pearl paper sheet is actually held by a plastic sheet like this...
So when you remove the mask, you actually are slowly peeling it off this "template". Pretty neat, I'd say. This should prevent it from sticking together and tearing to pieces before it travels to your face. I like this little extra care they put in the mask.

Next, place it over your face... this may be tricky, cause it is soaking wet and the shape is almost never ever suit your face hahaha... but this one was not so bad considering it reaches my entire face. But!! but!! There's always a but, isn't there... but the nose past was not long/large enough to cover my... well... nose. And the section under the nose and above your lips (also called the philtrum) - the sheet is too large that even after folding it it still covers my entire upper lip! Was it even meant to go all the way over my lips? But if I nudge it upwards, I would not be able to breathe! Hah!

Yeah, look at that sexy face, kind of creepy, don't you think? Saggy cheeks and missing upper lip... Ghastly ghost, indeed!

So I just read that you're supposed to leave that on for 15-20 minutes? Hahaha stuff that, I left it on pretty long so to ensure all the essence got soaked into my skin, I'd hate throwing the stuff out when it's still soaking wet! So I ended up leaving it on for 1 hour. Yeah I was walking around in the house with that on... My dog even had his eyes on me wondering "Oh is that a new ghost in the house" look...

After 1 hour... I removed the mask and I was blinded by my own face. No, literally... it was... bright. I couldn't believe it, my face was lighter than my body, wth! Can you see it...? It was more prominent last night, in person, straight after the mask was removed.


Verdict: 4.5/5
Surprisingly I enjoyed my experience with this mask. It smells nice even though this is going to be pretty difficult describing the scent - it was relaxing and refreshing at the same time, if that makes sense. It smells good, something luxurious sort of. The essence was not sticky at all! It was in fact, silky! My skin felt smooth and plump and brightened after use. The essence are absorbed nicely after the sheet is removed from your face, instead of leaving an oil spill on your face.
The next morning, my face looks red-less and still looks plump, although the brightening effect has subsided, thank goodness... I wouldn't want to be a lamp walking around.
Only thing is the sizing, that area sort of annoyed me a little when I used it, that area under my nose, since I was breathing onto it as well hahaha... I don't know why they made it so huge!
Apart from that, I'd repurchase, why not... when my skin is in need of an extra tlc. Plus, sheet masks are easy to use!

Hope this review was useful to those thinking of trying out sheet masks or trying out this brand. Feel free to ask any question or request a review.

signing out
c

Comments

Jewelz said…
Looks like a torture device! lol

Check out my blog :)
http://iamjewelz.blogspot.com/
Georgina said…
you're welcome! :)

wowza, this sheet mask def. brightened your skin! nice to see it works great! :)
Lisa said…
nice review.. i'm seriously going to have to try this.. i like that it really brightened your face!!

Popular Posts