Collective Review: My Hourglass Cosmetics

Hourglass is in the air!

Taken from the Facebook page
A line that truly embodies modern luxury, Hourglass Cosmetics combines timeless extravagance and style all in one elegant collection. From lush shades to incredibly luxurious packaging, makeup has never been so stunning – or perfecting. Created by beauty veteran Carisa Janes, each innovative product is formulated with the latest cosmetic technology and cutting-edge ingredients - many containing anti-aging properties. Offering a full collection of color cosmetics and brushes, Hourglass is renowned for its “complexion perfecting” products such as Veil Fluid Makeup, Veil Mineral Primer, and Illusion Tinted Moisturizer.

I was first introduced to Hourglass when I was browsing through Sephora Singapore beginning of this year. However, Hourglass was born in the year 2004 - Los Angeles. I had not heard much about it then but I knew I was in need of a new foundation, one that does not only look good but also feels good. At that time I was an Everyday Minerals user and even though I did like the mineral products I found it rather messy and inconvenient. I had a voucher and Hourglass was one of the brands listed. Since it boasts skincare benefits and Matrixyl to stimulate the production of collagen and to improve skin's texture, I was intrigued right away. I started with the foundation and concealer and built my collection from there ever since. You can read more about Carisa Janes HERE

Hourglass is formulated without parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, synthetic dyes and no phthalates (substances added to plastics to increase their durability, flexibility, longevity, and transparency). Their liquid eyeliner lasts all day, does not smear or smudge and is waterproof.

The line consists of: (as of this moment available at Mecca Cosmetica)
  • Veil Mineral Primer Oil Free SPF15
  • Veil Fluid Makeup Oil Free SPF15
  • Veil Invisible Loose Powder
  • Solar Tan Self-Tanning Primer
  • Illusion Tinted Moisturiser SPF15
  • Hidden Concealer
  • Oxygen Mineral Compact Powder Foundation
  • Prodigy Hydrating Lip Gloss
  • Extreme Sheen Lip Gloss
  • Adorn Lipstick
  • Visionaire Eyeshadow Duo
  • Calligraphy Liquid Eyeliner
  • Trace Eyeliner (Refillable)
  • Trace Lipliner (Refillable)
  • Mascara
  • Illume Creme-to-Powder Blush/Bronzer Duo in Sunset
  • Illume Creme-to-Powder Highlighter/Bronzer Duo in Bronze Light
  • Femme Rouge Velvet Creme Lipstick (Refillable)
  • Brushes

So after almost a year of using their products, here I am, sharing with you, my Hourglass collection.


Note: All products were purchased by me.

My babies wanted to be in the photo, too... So here they are with my Hourglass collection :)

One thing I truly love about Hourglass is the packaging. Innovative and sleek and just shouts out my name...

What else do I like about Hourglass? Keep reading to find out more of what I like of each products...


Bora holding the No. 2 brush
This brush can be used to apply blush, highlighting or bronzer
But I use this to apply foundation
The metal handle on the brush just gives it an extra luxurious feel without being over dramatic. It is an amazingly soft brush that is easy to clean and applies foundation effortlessly, my review on it HERE


Pabi holding the retractable refillable lipliner / lip brush duo in Secret
and Concealer in Pearl
This concealer is multifunctional in that it can be used as an eyeshadow base,
undereye concealer, blemish concealer, even highlighter.
Sometimes, when I'm lazy, I just use this lipliner and smudge it all over my lips
for a my-lips-but-better look and it lasts for hours!


Pello holding my new baby Prodigy lipgloss in shade Opium
which I'm already luvvving!
It is moisturizing, it glides ever so smoothly, it is not sticky, it lasts long, and did I mention moisturizing? It is such a gorgeous shade too I couldn't resist.


Next is one of my favourites too ... It is...
A duo cream to powder finish blush/bronzer duo in the name Illume - Sunset (which I find rather suiting) which has the swivel mirror compact. It is just so convenient and you can apply with just your two fingers and they blend like a dream and finish to soft smooth dry finish. Nothing tacky or nasty about that!
And what's a post of such lovely products without some swatches :)

With flash from left to right:
Lipliner in Secret, Calligraphy Liquid Eyeliner in Ebony, Concealer in Pearl
Veil Foundation in Shade 2, Shade 1.5, Veil Mineral Primer (All with SPF15)

Note: Bottom row are blended concealer, foundation and primer

Without flash
What I like about the primer~
Housed in a clear smoked glass pump bottle with titanium gold sturdy cap, this primer has to be the best I have used. It keeps your face looking naturally satin smooth, makes your foundation all day and it is waterproof. It does not break me out, and spf15 is great to protect our skin from the harsh Australian sun. It is not greasy, no funny or funky sunscreen smell and still retains moisture without overdrying your skin. Apply by hand or apply with brush, you'll find that this primer is effortless to blend. It might leave a slight white cast when first applied, however give it a little moment to adjust and you're left with velvety skin you just want to keep touching your face! Love this primer, it works! Will repurchase :)
(as reviewed in
Mecca Cosmetica)


With flash from left to right
Prodigy lipgloss in Opium (which the photo doesn't do it justice on how nice the colour truly is),
Cream bronzer, Cream blush, Duo eyeshadow in Suede
Without flash

Oh and if you're wondering why I have 2 foundation shades, it's because I mix and match at times. My skin tone changes through the year and there are times when just the shade 2 is a tad tanner but normally I'd be happy with just the shade 2. :)

So, there we have it. My Hourglass collection. None has disappointed me and I hope never will. :) Have any of you tried Hourglass cosmetics?

Comments

nisa said…
awww your teddy bear is super cute :*
Tammy said…
My local Sephora recently started carrying Hourglass but I myself haven't tried their products yet. Their packaging is so sleek and elegant :) Where is this line from?
.blushfully. said…
-@nisa: ^^ hehe i luv them
-@tammy: oohh that's something i left out! this line is from US. angelina jolie, madonna, julianne moore, uma thurman are some of their clients. Gina Brooke & Michael Pierce are the makeup artists behind this brand. =)
Unknown said…
Awesome HOURGLASS collection you have there!!! I wanna try some of their products too but I don't think they have it in Australia aye?

I should really check it out when I am in Singapore end of the year!!!

PS: YES TO MEET UP! You have my number =P Or just email or tweet me. xx
pinkribbons said…
I want to try the Hourglass Primer next, I'm glad you gave it such a raving review.

Yes I am in Brisbane, Sarah and Annica are also local girls.

http://hauteandstylish.blogspot.comhttp://hipnhaute.wordpress.com

Thanks for following my blog :)

Popular Posts