Hi 2014! Review in Minute & New Faves

IMG_0407 - Copy

Can’t believe it is already the second last week of the first month of 2014… time has just flown by like no tomorrow, let me tell ya. I’ve been so busy off my feet and distressed brain, sick with fever, sore throat, sinus all that jazz… my apologies for the lack of post.

Here I just want to showcase some products I thought are worth mentioning, seeing that it is the new year and all, new products resolution. I’m always on the lookout for longwearing, longlasting product, and for them to even withstand the Queensland summer heat is an added bonus. If it doesn’t, oh well, but when I thought I should give up… I came across these products that had just wow-ed me so much I have to share it.

What products were used:

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
I have this in the mini travel size, which are perfect, as I could have them on the go or have them in my kit to use on other people. I am loving Color Correcting Adjust (green), and Hydrating Oil Free (blue) ones. They sure do assist in making my makeup stay on flawless all day long. I like the green one because it lessens the redness on my face when I do get the random red blotches due to the heat. The blue one is equally as nice and is not drying.

Smashbox Studio Skin 15Hr Liquid Foundation
I am trialling this in the shade 2.1. Quite impressive. I am intrigued, surprised, but bummed that it will cost AU$62.95 to buy it in store here. Is it worth it, yes… but… it is still on the expensive side of the spectrum. Why, Australia, why! So this foundation, has a slight tacky grip to it when you are applying. It has a medium buildable to full coverage. Once I’ve powdered this baby all over, it honestly did not budge or transfer or disappear! I’ve been wearing this for a full whole day wear under the scorching, unforgiving Brisbane summer heat and it soldiered on like no other. It still looks nice, too, not overly cakey or drying. It does not go blotchy or separate in any way. This shade actually sort of brightens my complexion too. I am MAC NC25-30, NARS Punjab for reference.

Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder 
I actually really love this powder. I use the shade 52 Vanilla and despite it looking slightly lighter in summer tan, it makes my skin look brighter rather than “too white”, which I love. It has a touch of coverage and goes on smooth. It is not cakey and blends like butter on me. I love using this as setting powder. I really have just been enjoying using this Bourjois powder that I already have a back up of this powder when it ever does run out down the line.

Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Foundation Powder
Another pressed powder that I have fallen in love with towards the end of last year. I have this in shade 05. I can wear it alone for a light coverage foundation but when applied with sponge over certain areas, can be of medium coverage. It just blends without being thick or cakey. I just love this. It’s travel friendly as well, as it does have a pocket under the foundation pan for a sponge. I shall definitely be considering of repurchasing when I run out. Really just been enjoying this, too. I can wear shade 05 alright, but I would like to try other shades to see if I match better with a different shade number. I can touch up with this throughout the day as well, and it does not look cakey. Winner winner!

Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer
I never thought I would love a concealer as much as a more liquid one or other types. But boy, had this won me over!? You don’t need much either, I always end up picking up too much product but really, you need just a dab for your blemishes or under the eye. Pigmentation is great, coverage is great, blends just nicely with enough grip so it doesn’t slip or slide. I have this in SC-4. The salmon shade is a tad dark on me, but I can work it only on the areas under my eyes. The yellow base concealer side is just perfection.

Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil
It took me months and months to finally succumb to purchasing this and trying it out for myself. I’m glad and not at the same time. I’m glad because it is a nice brow pencil, easy to use, easy to blend, need no sharpening, very handy. I’m not glad… because it is fairly expensive here in Australia for how much you get as a brow pencil. I still love my Shu Uemura hard eyebrow pencil, yet this one is easier to travel with because I’m always fearing that I’d break my Shu Uemura pencil. I use the shade Dark Brunette. Does it last all day? Yes. This is a very, very nice brow pencil.

NARS Laguna Bronzer
Yes, I used this for contouring. Especially on my cheek bones, since I have so much of cheek space. Oh, you know what I mean. I just love the contoured look anyway. I love this because it is so nice to apply, blend well, not orange or too red, and works well on me.

Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour Blush
In shade Lush Nectarine. I am not too sure if they still have this shade in store, but this is the shade that I have and that hint of rosy-ness on my cheeks you see… is of this.

Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer
I’m a huge fan of the Urban Decay Primer Potion and my eyes agree that until now it is still the best primer deal out there. I’ve tried others, such as Too Faced, Lime Crime, Inglot, Gorgeous Cosmetics, etc… yet nothing even come close… until I found this. For a fraction of the price, this works incredibly well for keeping my eyeshadow last all day without creasing. I got mine off eBay, shipped from S.Korea. Definitely should check this out if you’re on the lookout for an eye primer but is cringing at the thought of having to spend that much on Urban Decay. However, if you do have the spare cash, UDPP is still the top of my list to go to. Right now, this Proof 10 Eye Primer has proven to be right on par as my favourite eye primer. Side Note: I have not yet tried the NARS Eye Primer. Heard that one is really good too.

NARS Satin Lip Pencil – Palais Royal
Oh Palais Royal… how have I not met you sooner? I am in love. Not only with the colour, but its texture, its longevity, its overall finish and feel. I love it. I just do. Not the easiest to sharpen, but I’d ignore that because this is an amazing lip product. It has a staining power too but is not too potent to remove at the end of the night. Love. This.

Eye of Horus
So I am using the mascara, the liquid eyeliner, the goddess eye pencil in both Black and the Serpentine Sultry (which is a antique olive golden shade). Oh my, where have these eye pencils been in my life too!? I love these! They literally stay on all day and night. The first ever eye pencil that really do work with my eyes. The liquid liner is divine, lasts all day too, and super nice to apply. It’s an Australian brand too. I support. I love Eye of Horus.

IMG_0402

Don’t mind me… I’m quite tired, and the heat was not helping. Mind you though, this makeup was not freshly applied (apart from the lip pencil) but it was all still intact and look decent. No photoshop, just natural sun/day/outdoor light.

Have you tried any of the product I mentioned? I can definitely see these as all time favourites now. Recently discovered yet already head over heels in love with them I don’t want to be without them!

-

Happy 2014

-

Much love,

Blushfully

Comments

Phoebe Limanta said…
Thanks for this list doll, I always like to see what people's favourites are! Gives me ideas on what to shop next ;)

x

Phoebe

Eat. Live. Love. Repeat.
Phoebe Limanta said…
I always love to see lists of people's favourites! It gives me great ideas on what to shop next ;)

x

Phoebe

Eat. Live. Love. Repeat.

Popular Posts