The Comforter by Lush

For the very first time… I felt like I was hugged by a blanket of bubbles, a yummy pink berry one.

20130131_150755 - Copy

This is now my FAVOURITE (yes, it’s worth the ALL CAPS) bubble bar from Lush.

“Berry yourself under a blanket of soft fruit foam…” Lush (UK website) says…

This isn’t called the Comforter for nothing. We threw everything we had at this one, to make it warming, comforting and reassuring. We wanted a bath that gave the same sense of safety and calm that your favourite teddy, your comfort blanket or a snuggly scarf gives.

At times when you feel you need to protect yourself from the world – immerse yourself in this pink bath and allow the familiar oils to envelop you in a comforting berry scented embrace.

Lush (Australia website) says…

This fruity bubble bar gives the feeling of being hugged by a jolly blackcurrant. When life is getting you down, crumble The Comforter under hot, running water for purple (they should correct this to PINK, it’s PINK! not purple… what the) water and creamy bubbles. The warm aroma of cassis absolute is relaxing so relaxing that you’ll go to bed feeling happier and the world will seem brighter the next day.

Okay… now that we have those claims out of the way. What do I think of it?

Let me get this straight, despite the flowery, sugary talk it gives. I kinda have to agree. Alright, maybe not the part where it says “the world will seem brighter the next day” but it truly is a comforting scent. At least to me it is, so.

I find that it smells delicious. It has berry but not overpoweringly sweet. Perhaps of the Bergamot in it. Bergamot is the scent of Earl Grey tea and I love that scent. So soothing. Oh! That’s why!

What is Cassis Absolute? It is blackcurrant.

How does it go in terms of bubbles? You can see for yourself…

20130131_151207 - Copy

Notice the dense, fluffy bubbles?

20130131_151502 - Copy

And I only used about 1/4 chunk of the whole cake!

It literally feels like cookie dough. Especially when you run your hand (still holding the cake) under water, it feels so nice and mushy. Ecstatic me!

After I held it under running water from the tap, mushed it and seen the foam appearing, I swirled my hand all over the base of the bath tub just to mix the whole thing. The bath is not drying at all. I just like to rinse in the shower afterwards, fyi.

Also, judging from my first experience with this bubble bar, I am so happy to know that I can have about 3 or 4 uses out of this. I mean it, don’t just use the whole lot in one go unless you have a very extra large bath tub enough to fit your kids and you and hubby. If it is just for yourself, just use 1/4 of it first, slice it if you like. I didn’t bother and used my hand to crumble some.

Will definitely repurchase and an awesome add-on to a gift basket to friends’ birthdays and what nots. Don’t you think?

20130131_150749 - Copy

20130131_152216 - Copy

Happy Bath Time!

-x-

Disclaimer: The product was purchased by me. In no way affiliated or sponsored.
1 bar – AUD$10.50

Comments

Unknown said…
Hi Dana, I love comforter bubble bar too. I agree with breaking up the bar for multiple uses! I like mixing this one with Blackberry bath bomb too.
Joy said…
Love Lush bubble bars! I made the mistake of not breaking my bar up the first time I used it.

ariarhapsody.blogspot.com
Lisa said…
omgosh this is one of my favorite lush bubble bars!! i love lush's bubble bars.. all of them it's sort of amazing how much bubbles you get from them and the entire bath smells so amazing!

Popular Posts