Just the name Doll Eyes make my eyes blink and look at it twice. I think it’s because I’m always intrigued with having those luscious llama lashes that the mere idea of a mascara that would help me achieve that made me go “Helloooo~~!!!”
This post is a follow up to my previous post of the new Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes Mascara
At $52 these babies aren’t cheap – shall we put them to the test?
- will it hold my curl?
- will it give me the volume?
- how does it do in terms of lengthening?
- fluttery doll eyes effect?
- does it smear? smudge? budge throughout the day?
A quick look at what the brush looks like. I’d be honest with you I like the brush. From the moment I took it out of the bottle you can actually smell the rose fragrant straight away. So if you’re sensitive in terms of fragrance in your cosmetics especially in your eye product – this mascara is a straight no no.
(Note: All Lancome mascaras have the strong rose fragrance, this one is no exception)
Yeah I’m so good at taking photo of my own eyes I look retarded – the point is that you can see how my lashes are with no mascaras on. It’s there and I like that I have lashes but they’re not really there THERE, y’know? (reason why I wear mascaras of course)
Oooh so it may look long and bushy… but! (yes, there’s a but)
This is how it looks face front.
Are you thinking what I’m thinking?
So back to those questions…
- will it hold my curl? Unfortunately no it doesn’t
- will it give me the volume? Yes it does
- how does it do in terms of lengthening? It does lengthen so yes
- fluttery doll eyes effect? I suppose
- does it smear? smudge? budge throughout the day? Luckily no it does not smear or smudge
- how does it feel? My lashes feel soft not crunchy at all
- will I repurchase? To be honest, at $52 I will have to say no I won’t repurchase. It’s just too much. I mean, you can get $10 mascaras out there that does the same or if not better.
It’s a hard one, I like it yet I don’t love it nor do I hate it. It’s one of those that you know it’s a luxury item and it’s nice to put it on apart from the sudden rush of rose garden scent you’d be sniffing. I have to also add that it is one of the prettiest mascara I have seen – its rose details all over its curvy body.
If you already have amazing curled luscious lashes and want to splurge on a pretty luxurious mascara then this is for you. But if you’re like me and have the poker straight lashes that cannot justify spending $52 (though you would on foundations and such) then this mascara is sadly going to be a miss…
Disclaimer: The product was sent to me for review consideration by the PR company. I am not affiliated with the brand. Review given is 100% my honest opinion.