Battle of the Foundations: Illamasqua Skin Base vs Light Liquid

The other day I took the plunge to test two different foundations on each side of my face. I’ve been in need of a new liquid foundation. One thing that really bugs me is that when it looks fine in store but turns out to be too dark when I go out in daylight. Also if they don’t photograph well… Tough call, huh?

That’s when I came to Deanna at Illamasqua Brisbane City Myer counter. I chose to try the Satin Primer this time – because as I’ve mentioned earlier my skin’s been acting up very recently and it is at a very dry condition.

I was surprised how well both blended onto my skin. I could not tell the difference although I knew which was which.

First applied at 5pm… and I took these photos later at night…

P1060489

P1060490

Both with flash…

And now with no flash…

P1060506

P1060507

I love how both don’t give me a white cast and looks like my own skin – don’t you agree? I can see the glowiness without it being too greasy. Although at the end I still could not pick a winner! It’s a tricky one this time.

Could you tell which is which?

.

.

.

.

.

.

Want to find out?

.

.

.

.

My right – Light Liquid
My left – Skin Base

.

Could you have guessed?

Have you tried any of Illamasqua foundation?
Which one is your favourite?

xoxo

Comments

Haute_Style said…
I GUESSED RIGHT! I SAID SKIN BASE WAS ON YOUR LEFT! YOU CAN TOTALLY TELL THE DIFFERENCE! ARRRRRRRH! Skin Base is the best.
I didn't even try to guess, I don't know enough about either foundation to do so. But I really need to try Skin Base! XD

Popular Posts