Now I'm not sure if all of you have heard these brands, but I'm sure some of you would have at least heard of it or even tried it. I know there are quite a number of youtube beauty gurus out there that love these brands. What I mean are these:
- Ben Nye
- OCC Lip Tars
I was like, "YAYYYY!!!!" and went ahead and purchased some items from them. I got:
- Graftobian Hi-Def Warm #1 Foundation Palette
- Indelible Creme Eye Shadow in: Plumkin (purple), Manhunt (charcoal), Intergalactic (Silver)
So you see why I was curious and got myself some. Originally I wanted the Immortal (Lilac Pewter) and Ever After (Metallic Purple) but they both were out of stock, so I got what's in stock. And even though the jar looks rather tiny compared to MAC Paint Pot, the quality and for that price, I am impressed. You'll see what I mean soon, in the photos.
This is what the palette looks like with the case on...
This is what's on the back... labelling each shade.
Here's what the colours look like...
And somehow, my darkest shade, which is called Enchantress (very far right) looks like this...
I did contact Makeup and Glow and asked about it, they said it's normal for creme foundations to have the pigments pop up on the top? Hmm, ok. I haven't really had much experiences with creme and hence so intrigued by Graftobian.
A quick swatch of the foundation from darkest to lightest in the Warm #1 Palette
with flashWhich one do you think is my shade?? ^^
Quick Review (since I haven't worn them on my face yet!)
- very creamy
- very pigmented, super pigmented
- works as concealer as well so it's like foundation/concealer on the go
- when you first swipe the foundation, you can feel the layer of moisture
- you can mix and match the foundation according to your current skin shade
- travel friendly
- great for makeup artist who wants to carry several foundation shades at a time
- clear lid to allow you to see the shades
And here's what the 3 creme eye shadow look like (alongside their boxes)
I think the colors are true to what they look like in the jar, but with different lights and different angles, they seem to change slightly. As you can see in the following two photos. (both with flash)
Then I thought, I'd go in the shower with it on. Lots of foam went all over it, warm water poured onto it and everything. The result? I'm amazed... Look!
I rubbed across it pretty hard too! It didn't smear or smudge or budge!
So, here's my little review on it:
- won't budge or smear or smudge or move
- long lasting
- would work both as cream eyeshadow and cream/gel eyeliner
- texture is quite creamy and easy to work with
- glides on effortlessly
- once you let it set, it really does not move
Alright, that'd be all. Have you heard or tried Graftobian? What's your current favourite foundation? I'm yet to find my HG, a long and winding journey that is ... teeheehee