Absence makes the heart grow fonder

So I figured I might as well just write... whether it'd be makeup or skincare related or not. It's been raining here, leading up to Chinese New Year, I wonder if it is raining everywhere else too?

Anyway, something struck my mind tonight. This will be just bits and pieces here and there, quick review whatnot.

The fact that Lush Vanishing Cream and Eau Roma Water Toner to accompany it have been missing from my daily skincare routine... seems to have its effect. And it is not that great, I must say. This is fascinating! Well, since I completely finished my first tub of VC (Vanishing Cream in short), I've tried different moisturizers, mainly in lotion form, not cream. I've tried: (all items are purchased or obtained by me otherwise stated)

- SkinMD Shielding Lotion (sent to me by company in order for me to test and review it)
- SkinMD Shielding Lotion with SPF15 (as above)
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Fresh Moisture
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture SPF15
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion
- Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2 (Toner)
- Lush Breath of Fresh Air (Toner)
- Lush Enzymion (sample)

=_= yeah, I went crazy with trying out different ones to see how it worked out. I miss Vanishing Cream =( I, for once, actually do miss it. I miss Eau Roma Water and Vanishing Cream combo. I guess my plan on switching to Clinique has totally been succeeded by Lush hahaha...
The thing is, I've started to notice dryness on my cheeks again! I didn't have that problem when using VC.

I find that none of these other moisturisers give me just the right amount of moisture. They seem to lack something and leaves my skin unhappy or slightly sticky.

SkinMD Shielding Lotion is indeed very light and refreshing and absorbs quickly. For the rest of my body I'd say "LOVE", but for my face... I'd prefer VC... why does it have to be so expensive here in Australia... =( that 45g tub is AUD$39.95 ... ='( *My bank account cries! I cry too!*

Clinique Toner Number 2 literally stings... Feels like as though there's too much alcohol in it, and just applying it on my cheeks or on my forehead... my eyes started to water! I didn't even go near my eyes and it sting my eyes! ='( And when I apply the lotion afterwards, it feels rather sticky, and not soothing or calming at all... I don't know. I thought wrong. I thought Clinique skincare would be good for my skin... guess not anymore. I'd never thought Lush would top it. Hahahaha...

Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer with SPF15 is okay during the day. It's good for times I forget to apply sunscreen. But it sort of has the sunscreen scent, which I don't particularly like, and it just applies on my skin effortlessly, but it somehow doesn't seem to do anything. Hmm...

Neutrogena Fresh Moisture may be best on super duper oily skin. When first applied it could feel slightly sticky, but it gets absorbed eventually and it'll not feel sticky anymore. Just matte sorta feel. But it's just ... not quite the right moisturiser for my skin, still.

Wow, Vanishing Cream, you've really made yourself compatible with my face! Hahaha... I shall repurchase you soon, along with Eau Roma Water... I miss you guys!

Ah, how time flies, I must head to bed. Goodnight goodnight...

Comments

Popular Posts