Nivea NEW Lip Butters

Herpes
A lip balm is not just a lip balm. Apply the wrong one, your lips will be at war with you for the rest of the day, worse, for the rest of the week. Applying any kind of lip products on a chapped, peeling dry lips ain’t fun either. Not only it looks gross but the lips can bleed and get inflamed. Also, excessive licking of the lips will actually extend the chapping to the areas around the lips. Y’all wanna know which lip balm/conditioner thing I hate? Vaseline petroleum jelly. Yuck. It just sits there and smells like petrol, I can’t stop sniffing and cringing my nose. Plus my lips feels uncomfortable. It actually gets so dry afterwards. Wha~!!

I generally like lip balms. I have a few and I won’t stop at looking for the next best lip balm that will save my lips from being unkissable. Though I can be a little picky.

Some of my favourites are usually on the price range of around AUD$20, namely Dr Hauschka, Malin + Goetz, Korres, Kiehl’s tinted lip balm, etc.

Despite that, I can’t be repurchasing that too often. I save them for emergencies or special days. So this new range of lip butters from NIVEA that cost only $5.19 (*eyes wide open now*) will sure be a winner in my book!
20130119_154642 - Copy
It comes in this simple tin container that I have a love/hate relationship with already. For the price, I’m not going to complain. Though at first the lid may be a little hard to open, without breaking a nail. So just be careful, make use of a bobby pin to try and pry it open. Or! Use the base of your fingers where the finger prints are, use your skin rather than using your nail.

The new range is available in 3 flavours:
    • Unscented
    • Vanilla & Macadamia
    • Caramel Cream
For I know the Caramel Cream would be too sweet for my liking, I only requested the two to try. 20130119_154704 - Copy
20130119_154714 - Copy

I’d say there’s not much difference to them. Just that one has the aroma of vanilla and a tinge of macadamia. I’d describe this as a nutty vanilla scent.

These contain NIVEA’s own Hydra IQ deep moisture technology. What it really is, I must investigate further at my own time. Another time.

Ingredients in both:
Cera Microcristallina, Paraffinum Liquidum, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Aqua, Glycerin, Glyceryl Glucoside, BHT, Cl 77891
In the Vanilla & Macadamia, there are two additional ingredients
Aroma, Cl 77492
Let me break it down:
Cera Microcristallina – aka Microcrystalline Wax, Paraffin
Paraffinum Liquidum – mineral oil

Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate – aka Cithrol PG32IS. It is a low odour, liquid emulsifier. It is commonly used in nappy creams and other zinc-oxide containing mixtures. Emulsifiers are used to give the product that emollient feel.
Butyrospermum Parkii Butter – aka Shea Butter
Ricinus Communis Seed Oil – aka Castor oil. Primarily used as skin-conditioning agents, emulsion stabilisers, the oil is produced by cold pressing the seeds and clarification of the oil by heat (International journal of toxicology 2007).
Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil – Sweet Almond oil. Rich in protein and highly emollient. Also softening.
Aqua – fancy name for water
Cl 77891 – Titanium dioxide colorant (white)
Cl 77492 – Iron-based inorganic colorant/Iron oxide (yellow)
Glyceryl Glucoside – Hydra IQ – basically to maintain hydration
20130119_154801 - Copy

As just mentioned, the Vanilla & Macadamia has a tinge of yellow colour to it compared to the white Unscented one. It is just a colour difference, to be honest, it does not make any of them better than the other. The texture is still creamy and buttery.

Scent-wise – the Vanilla & Macadamia – as you would expect, has a slightly sweeter scent. Still pleasant. Nothing too 'in-your-nose’ lingering scent. It’s still subtle and gentle. I don’t mind.

20130119_154815 - Copy
As you can see from the photo, it is emollient but not greasy or oily. It glides smoothly on your lips. It really is like soft butter.

In regards to application, I prefer using a cotton tip (Q-tip) to apply this lip butter. I am getting an icky feeling of having to use my fingers every time, personally. However that is totally your own choice. Fingers are more than welcomed to dig in. If I’m out, I’d have no choice but to use my finger tips anyway.

Despite hating the packaging, I actually enjoy seeing my cotton tip roll and pick up some of the butter out of the tin and I get a little kick from rolling the cotton tip over my lips. Wielding my cotton tip like a lip brush onto every crook and cranny and crevices of my lips.

And woah-lah, soft lips overnight. Surprisingly.

It does have a comfortable slip feel to the lips after you apply it. A tinge of sheen. Not shiny or glossy, just a healthy looking plump lips. I don’t mind. The other half might mind, though. Haha!

Also, I can imagine this as a nice base for lipsticks.

Will be available on shelf in Mid March

RRP$5.19

Look out for them, guys!!
-x-

Comments

Popular Posts