First Impression of Chanel Perfection Lumiere

I have been very curious of Chanel foundation and I am yet to own one. Previously I have stopped by the Chanel counter at David Jones Queens Plaza and spoke to the friendly and honest Angela. She sent me home with a little sachet sample of Perfection Lumiere, Chanel’s latest liquid foundation – in shade 30 Beige.

P1070726p01

P1070731BA

What I used:-

Chanel Perfection Lumiere in 30 Beige – just testing out the sample sachet
MAC MoistureCover Concealer in NW20 – undereyes 
Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Fair – to set
Guerlain Parure Compact Foundation with Crystal Pearls in Dore Star 23 – as contour (loving the subtle contour this gives, it is actually a powder foundation, not a contour or bronzer.)
Serge Louis Alvarez Teint De Soleil Precious Silk Sun Powder in Pocelaine* – as brightener in centre of face
Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Orchid Mosaic – as blush

Face of Australia Eye Definer Pencil in Black – tightline
Unknown Brand Shimmery Metallic Cream Eyeliner
Inglot Eyeshadows No. 423 (Dark Chocolate Plum Metallic)
Inglot Eyeshadows No. 399 (Beige Dusty Pink Metallic)

Revlon Beyond Natural False Eyelash in 91148 Defining* – see if you can spot which eye has the false lashes. It’s so natural it blends in with my lashes and I don’t feel anything. Very lightweight. Further review coming up, if you like.

Lips – bare, nothing on

Brows – bare, need threading real soon

Thoughts:-

It photographs quite nice – the first photo was taken under natural day light, no touch up, unedited. The second photo was taken with flash indoor (note taken on the awkward smile).
It, however, may emphasize dry patches so make sure you are well moisturised if you are feeling a little on the dry side. I was a little on the dry side especially around my nose area ever since the dry autumn wind hit. I literally spritzed a bucketfull of Fix+ then I thought I tried Australis Make-Up Finishing Spritz* as well.

In my opinion this foundation is not something I would like to wear everyday, it does not feel as lightweight as a daily wear foundation should be, or at least how I like it. It does give you a flawless finish, given you conceal and set it with powder. On its own I think its coverage is medium buildable. The texture of the foundation is creamy liquid, it won’t dribble down your hand.

Again as mentioned before, perhaps not something I would wear for the entire day. However, for an evening or night out, definitely a nice one. It dries to a semi-matte finish. It stays flawless for 6 hours nicely – given you are not being blown by a tornadoic wind or stuck in a oven-heated room. You get what I mean.

Then I had too much fun trying out the new feature of the updated version of Picasa. With just one click it changed the whole picture to this vintage photograph. I did not do any further editing though. Still sad that Picnik is gone =’(

ME

On another note, I am dying to try the new Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Cream Compact Foundation. News is that Chanel is discontinuing Teint Innocence range.

Will I repurchase this Perfection Lumiere? Uhm, I’ll have to give it a miss. First, it is currently way out of my budget. Second, its sole purpose will probably be for photoshoots and events – I need something that looks natural in real life too.

Chanel seems to bring out lovely foundations – What’s your favourite Chanel’s foundation? Have you tried the Perfection Lumiere? What do you think of it? What’s your favourite foundation?

If you’ve followed me on twitter, you would know I have a little love/hate obsession with foundations…

-x-

 

Those marked with * have been given to me for review consideration as per disclosure policy.
Other products were purchased by me.
No compensation involved in the making of this post.

Comments

Popular Posts