Review: The Jojoba Company Gentle Cleansing Balm

Housed in matte unbreakable pump bottle, this Gentle Cleansing Balm has quickly climbed up to one of my favourite cleansers. Mind you, I used to love the full lather cleansers, now I am enjoying the low-foaming ones and do not mind even the non-foaming ones.

JojobaCo

Keep reading to learn more about this Australian made cleanser.

What is it?

A deep penetrating cleanser enriched with aloe. 97% natural.

Who is it for?

All skin types, including sensitive

Who do I think it is for?

I genuinely agree this could be for all skin types, however oily skin type ladies might want to sample this first before purchasing the full size. This is indeed a very gentle that does not foam or lather.

What it claims

A jojoba based, deep penetrating pH balanced cleanser with AHAs from melon and papaya, aloe vera, vitamin E and vitamin C rich quandong to cleanse without stripping the skin of its natural oils. Leaves the skin cool, calm and hydrated.

Key Ingredients

Pure Australian Jojoba – antioxidant, rich in vitamins A, D and E, hydrating

Aloe Vera – soothing

Witch Hazel – calming and toning

Melon – natural AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid)

Quandong – high in vitamin C (nourishing)

Rose Oil – balancing

How to use

Apply gently on damp face to dissolve make up and impurities. Rinse with warm water. Use morning and night.

How I use

Apply on dry face (especially if you have makeup on), massage gently all over to dissolve the makeup. Use a damp face cloth, warm preferably, and gently wipe off. You can see the makeup removed better using this method with any other cleansers too, rather than just rinsing. Then you can double rinse afterwards or if your makeup is light enough, then you’re done.

If no makeup involved, then yes sure I would simply apply on my damp face and rinse off. I like to massage the cleanser in circular motion and light tapping all over my face and neck before I rinse.

Full Ingredients List

Aqua (Water); Cetearyl Alcohol; Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil; Glycerin; Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil; Stearic Acid; Ceteareth-20; Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Powder; Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter; Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Almond) Oil; Macadamia Integrifolia (Macadamia) Seed Oil; Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil; Santalum Acuminatum (Quandong) Fruit Extract; Saponaria Officinalis (Soapwort) Leaf Extract; Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract; Cucumis Melo (Melon) Fruit Extract; Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract; Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride; Tocopherol; Pelargonium Graveolens (Rose Geranium) Flower Oil; Cedrus Atlantica (Cedarwood) Bark Oil; Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Flower Oil; Xantham Gum; Phenoxyethanol; Potassium Sorbate; Citric Acid; Sodium Benzoate; Caprylyl Glycol; Ethylhexylglycerin; Sodium Hydroxide; Lactic Acid.

As you probably notice already from the full ingredient list, there is a large amount of extracts used, namely Rose Geranium Flower Oil, Ylang Ylang Oil, Macadamia Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Quandong Fruit, Melon, Witch Hazel etc. That, perhaps or most likely the reason behind its distinctive scent.

What I think of it

The scent might put you off initially. It has a strong sweet scent that I was not used to, I was more used to the herbal scents of Lush and Jurlique, you see. If sweet almond scent does not bother you and you are looking for a gentle deep cleansing non-foaming cleanser, this it it. However, if you are after something that lathers well, this definitely not it.

Does it remove my makeup? It does, to an extent. My base makeup yes, when I use a face cloth or muslin to wipe it off thoroughly. This, and I say this again, is not meant to remove waterproof eye makeup.

It is somewhat slightly similar to my Antipodes Lime and Patchouli Natural Cleanser.

This did not and has not irritated or made me broke out. It is nourishing yet not oily. It is gentle and does not strip the moisture out of your skin.

Hopefully this has helped any of you considering to try the Jojoba Company range. Tell me, have you tried any?

Would you like me to showcase some of my favourite cleansers? Non-foaming and low-foaming and foaming ones?

-x-

Product was provided by PR for review consideration in accordance to Disclosure Policy. I simply aimed to introduce and letting you know my thoughts on the product. Hopefully it has somewhat been helpful.

Comments

Popular Posts