FOTD: To powder or not to powder

I was having trouble applying my foundation – using cream foundation in the names of Scott Barnes and Graftobian would be a dream in any other day – but that day left me almost in tears as I spotted the dry flakey layer of skin on my face. Just the other month my friend was telling me how oily my face looked!

Despite the initial horror, I soldiered on and thought I’d just braved it. Eyes done. Face done. Then I thought I had missed something… powder. To powder or not to powder? That was the question that lingered in my head. I was worried that if I powdered the dry flakey patches would be accentuated but if I didn’t powder I wonder if my skin would look any better. I decided to powder. And boy I’m glad I did! I think this powder is the miracle worker in this story.

So what have I used in this FOTD?

P1060525

P1060527

P1060526

Eyes

Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer
Urban Decay Naked Palette
- Virgin as highlight on brow bone
- Sin as base all over lid
- Buck as crease/contour
- Half Baked on mobile lid

MAC Corduroy on lower lash line
L’Oreal SuperLiner in Brown
CoverGirl LashBlast Waterproof Mascara
Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes Mascara*

Face

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer (All Skin Type)
Graftobian Cream Foundation in Ingenue and Vixen mixed
Scott Barnes Cream Foundation in Beyond Beige
Illamasqua Concealer in CC200
MAC Select Moisturecover in NW20 (For Undereye)
Graftobian Cream Foundation in Enchantress (For Contour)
Illamasqua Cream Blusher in Libido
Gorgeous Cosmetics Pro Colour in Sesame or Rhubarb (I still don’t know the name) (more on cheekbones)
Pupa Luminous Blush in 04 (more on apples of the cheeks)
Spritz with MAC Fix+
and…
Illamasqua Powder Foundation in PF200

Spritz with Mario Badescu Facial Spray

Lips

Dr Hauschka Lip Balm
Castle Dew Lipgloss No. 33

=)

Disclaimer: All products mentioned were all purchased by me.
except the one with * (which really is only that one mascara)

Comments

Unknown said…
Your make up looks great! I've never thought about it, but I always powder. I don't even have oily skin, but I feel as though the powder finishes the look and gives it an airbrush kinda look.

Popular Posts