FOTD: Olivia Palermo Inspired

Her wardrobe is to die for, her makeup simple and sophisticated, her hair toussled effortlessly, her style… hmm!! I have to admit, I have a crush on Olivia Palermo. Yes I do still like Jessica Alba, Rachel Bilsen, Keira Knightley, Priyanka Chopra, and all the other beautiful ladies out there but for now, let’s just stick with one for this post.

olivia_palermo_2667585_haircolor

Olivia Palermo

You can see how her eyes is subtle yet that line on her upper lashline is rather obvious.
Her peachy pink cheeks, contoured cheekbones, highlighted areas around her face.

Well I tried…

And of course I’m not her, but I could be inspired by her style.

When my sister got home, she saw me and said, “Ooh nice makeup! It’s really nice!”
Hehehe I guess I succeeded in what I wanted to achieve, just a natural flawless effortless sophisticated look that can be worn day to night, anytime.

P1060542

Oh jeebus, I realise I haven’t done my brows – oh well!
I think in real life the blush is slightly more “pop” though it looks so subtle in photography. (Damn you photography)
This was taken outside with sunlight.
No editing.

P1060534

See… the eyes?
Subtle yet I love it!

P1060543

So what did I use?

Face

Foundation – mix of Graftobian Cream Foundation in Ingenue and Vixen & Scott Barnes Cream Foundation in Beyond Beige
Concealer – MAC Select MoistureCover in NW20 (just for under the eyes)
Contouring – Graftobian Cream Foundation in Enchantress and later topped with ELF Bronzer from Blush/Bronzer Duo
Blush – Illamasqua Cream Blush in Libido and later topped with ELF blush from Blush/Bronzer Duo
Powder – Illamasqua Powder Foundation in PF200

Lips

Kiehl’s Lip Balm (Original)

Eyes

Gorgeous Cosmetics Pro Colour in Champagne
Dior (light matte brown) eye shadow – (a very old palette of my mum’s, all the writing has disappeared so I don’t know what it is)
Urban Decay Darkhorse eyeshadow (from Naked Palette) – on the mobile lid close to lashline
Dollywink Liquid Eyeliner
Face of Australia Eye Definer in Black – to waterline
Maybelline The Falsies Waterproof Mascara

Smile

Images of Olivia Palermo – source Google Image

Comments

Ugh she is SO pretty! I really love your hair here :)
Haute_Style said…
Very pretty Dana! So gorgeous! I love Libido on you xox Remind me I still need to give you Laid!

BTW- where is the scarf from? It's gorgeous!
Tegan McIntosh said…
awww you look so nice Dana!
faye lu said…
love the mix of neutral hues x
i am *like* obsessed with olivia palermo - she is fashion perfection

Popular Posts