Top Ten Favorites of the Month

With the August month coming to an end and me recently finding some gems, I figured it would be just the perfect thing to do a favorites blog post. I also thought it would be nice to make it a Top Ten rather than me blabbering on and on about a gazillion products.

1) MAC 109 Brush

This is my very first MAC brush and thank you to a dear friend of mine who got it for me from US. (You know who you are, thank you so much!) I originally intended to use this to contour, but instead, nowadays you would spot me using this to apply my liquid foundation. For some reason it gives me just the right coverage and the superblendability capability of the way this brush is designed just made it the more right. (Haha, great English there… “more right”). For extra information, I like to spritz some Fix+ on to the brush or on to my face before applying the liquid foundation. Or Mario Badescu Rosewater Facial Spray, which also deserves the honour to be mentioned…

2) Mario Badescu Rosewater Facial Spray

To me, Fix+ helped with foundation blending and lowering the risk of having your makeup looking cakey. However, this rosewater scented facial spray actually does help with setting my makeup, especially the base makeup such as your foundation. Even my sister loves it. I’ve been using it every single day ever since I got it, it is also refreshing and calming. The rosewater scent is gentle and not offensive. You can find them at Kit Cosmetics (AUD$22.95) or at BeautyBay.com

3) Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel

While on Mario Badescu, I thought I would mention the star product. This was my very first Mario Badescu and I must say I was skeptical about it at first, but you wouldn’t believe how much I fell in love with it, and now got my sister to fall in love with it. It does not dry out your skin nor does it aggravate the skin. It does not leave the skin sore or red, no tingly feeling and it actually does melt your makeup. I use this to remove my face makeup too, using damp warm face cloth. Oh! And have I mentioned this smells so good…? It smells so fresh – seriously. Definitely will repurchase. Available at Kit Cosmetics (AUD$35.95) or at BeautyBay.com

4) Models Prefer Liquid Foundation in Medium Beige

This foundation had me fearing the worst when I purchased it. However, I was so pleasantly surprised I could not believe that it only costs $14.99 and that it is perfect for my current day to day wear. I must say its oil control is not too bad either. It could have been around 5 or 6 or so hours till I think I should touch up or powder up, but apart from that the makeup still stayed and looked flawless. It has a medium buildable coverage. No fragrance and comes with a nice pump that dispenses just the right amount. I sometimes use a pump and a half or two if I feel like an extra coverage. On the other hand, in photographs it doesn’t look that great and looks a little flat. That’s alright though, I could probably try out different foundation that works better with photography settings. In the meantime, this is perfectly fine and wallet-friendly so it’s a keeper. You can find Models Prefer at Priceline stores.

5) Inglot Eyeshadows

It took me long enough to hold myself back from buying the Inglot Freedom Palette. But when they had a 30% sale on the 5 round palette and 3 round palettes, I thought it was just meant to be. You wanna know why? Because almost all the colours I picked were the lucky last ones or the second last, mostly were the last ones! They are pigmented, such nice color payoffs, soft, smooth, blendable, and the price is nice. Will I consider getting more colors? Oh yes I sure do!

6) Tapered Tulip Shaped Face Brush for Contouring and Applying Bronzer

I have seriously been loving using this brush to apply bronzer to contour my face. It just applies at the right area, right size and blends automatically without it looking patchy. Definitely be looking into getting 1 or 2 more from IMATS! I would love to use this to apply highlighter and blush too. Versatile, for sure.

7) Face of Australia Eye Definer Pencils in Brown and Black

These are LOVELY! I mean it, I’ve tried many eyeliners and many have smudged and smeared and gave me a panda eyes. These do not. They are also at a great price range that I would definitely recommend them if you’re interested in getting a nice pencil eyeliner. Soft and doesn’t tug or pull your skin. It’s nice. What else can I say. I like it.

8) Illamasqua Concealer

This does what it claims to do and looks like my skin when I have it on. It covers yet look natural without looking cakey. Loves the little mirror inside the packaging, so it is super handy to carry around everywhere. Slip it in my pocket and I’m ready to hit the town all night long. Hah!

9) OPI RapiDry Top Coat

Nice alternative to Seche Vite (which I might say, can get goopey and clumpey at halfway mark, so it’s annoying). This RapiDry Top Coat actually does dry your nails pretty fast and makes them smooth and glossy looking. It’s nice.

10) Castle Dew Lip Glosses

You’ve heard this raved on before from a couple other bloggers from Brisbane, namely Yolly from Shopping Intervention and Anni from Haute & Stylish. That’s because these lipglosses are indeed nice. Costing at only AUD$6.50 they are such a bargain at such quality. I can wear them every single day and not worried of them kissing my teeth or smearing. They last quite a decent period of time too, after eating and drinking. It has a slip but not overly sticky, which I probably would hate anyway. It has a nice sort of jelly lollies scent, nothing offensive and I am usually not too big of a fan of too scented lip products because I would literally get headache and feel nauseous. This does not make me feel so. They come in a huge range of colours too.

What are your top ten?

Have a good week everyone

xoxo

Comments

Haute_Style said…
My fave beauty product of the month is your beautiful face and smile :)

I'll have to try this Mario Rosewater spray! If you like it, it must be good!

Heheheh thanks for the mention as well poppet. You're such a gorgeous angel xoxox

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU NEXT TUESDAY!!

Popular Posts