Review: The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Makeup Remover


It claims:
Best if you want to gently cleanse and dissolve your eye makeup, as well as condition your lashes, with our best-selling mild lotion.
Key Ingredients:
  • Organic Camomile Water - known for its calming effects, soothes the skin.
  • Algae Extract - rich in minerals that help moisturise and revitalise the skin.
  • Glycerin - effective moisturiser, cleans skin and eyelashes without over-drying.
Recommended Instruction of Use:
Squeeze a small amount onto a cotton wool pad. Close one eye and place the pad over the eye area for a few seconds. Gently sweep in a downward motion to remove eye make-up from the lids and lashes. Avoid dragging the skin as this may result in the formation of lines. Repeat with a new cotton wool pad on the other eye.

Price: for 250 mL (4 fl oz)
  • USD$14.50
  • Rp. 99,000
  • AUD$18.95

My verdict (did not mean to bash this product - but just my honest opinion)

NEGATIVEly:

  • Is NOT as gentle as they claim it to be because: ...
  • It can be rather drying, not moisturising at all on the eyelids
  • It can sting your eyes - what kind of "gentle" are they talking about?
  • It can make your eyes red
  • I don't feel my lashes getting "soft as silk" or "TLC" effects
  • Does not remove waterproof mascara that well, need numerous swipes
  • Bottle is opaque white, you cannot see how much you've used, and how much is left.
  • a bit soapy - bubbles form ... weird!

POSITIVEly:

  • nice barely there scent
  • 250 mL is huge bottle with reasonable price compared to other brands makeup remover
  • it still does remove eye makeup (eyeshadows - no problem - easy swipe)

Will I purchase it again? No. There's better ones out there that does not sting or make your eyes red! Or dries your eyelids!

Why did I buy it? I ran out of my eye makeup remover just before I left to Indonesia so I didn't bring any from Australia to Indonesia, thinking of just buying one here. I found The Body Shop store and decided to try it out since it seems to have a reasonable price for its size - at the time.

Have you tried this makeup remover?? What do you think of it?

Disclaimer: This product was purchased by me - not sponsored whatsoever.

Comments

yzhuhuong said…
i have to agree with the 'negative' comments of this product. very stinging on the eyes!

Popular Posts