Review: NYX Cream Blush & Lip Pencils

I recently got interested in trying out NYX Jumbo Lip Pencils and Cream Blush, so I ordered from Crush Cosmetics (a makeup online store based in Australia, sourced internationally, they stock ELF, NYX, Barry M, Seche Vite, China Glaze, Milani, Urban Decay Primer Potion and such). I've been meaning to get more Lip Pencils cause they are so handy, it's pretty much 2 in 1, liner and lipstick =)

And I am impressed!!!


Jumbo Lip Pencil (JLP) in:
721 Fuschia
711 Iced Coffee
Price:
AUD$5.95


Cream Blush in
02 Natural
Price: AUD$10.95

Here's a quick swatch on the back of my hand...
From left: JLP Fuchsia, JLP Iced Coffee, Cream Blush Natural

Wow the Jumbo Lip Pencils look so dark in here! One thing for sure about these NYX products - CREAMY!! They are SO CREAMY!! Application is such an ease! =) No tugging, no scratching, no breaking pencils trying to get products out. I don't think they're too creamy, but creamy. teeheehee...

Fuchsia is actually a creamy mauve colour, so they probably should have changed the name to Mauve instead of Fuchsia. Or Creme d'Mauve.
I think you'd agree that the word 'fuchsia' would be more likely to be related to bright, hot magenta pink! But this is mauve! For the pigmented lip-ed ladies, this would be a nice natural everyday lip colour and for more nude lips, this would be a natural day to night colour, I'd say. It's sort of a blend of nude and mauve.

Iced Coffee is a nude brown but not those nude that people start wondering if you're sick or going to throw up kind of nude. It's a dark nude? This colour is also good if you already have colours on your eyes and cheeks and don't want your lips to be looking like strawberry donuts ... they 're good to eat, not on the face.

Oh Butter!! That's the word I was after. They feel like butter sorta. Not margarine, not oil, not sorbolene, or petroleum jelly, but butter. I don't even need to use lip gloss with this because it's not matte, it has a sheen to it.

Cream Blush in Natural is gorgeous light baby pink I've been looking for, I think. It is purely just pink. No funny chunky glitters stuck in it, or green tint to it ... or blue purple yellow whatever other colours you want to blend it with. It does look like it has a spray of peachyness to it but it's not overpowering. Lovely colour, can be blended for sheerer look or applied more heavily for night or more dramatic look.

It applies like a soft butter spread... and the colour pigmentation is just great and using synthetic brush, I could just dab a little spread of this on my cheeks and blend and WAH-LAH!!


See what I mean by butter-like?
I don't know if you could imagine it from this picture LOL!


Verdict: Me Likey!!!

Do you?

Comments

Tammy said…
The blush certainly does look quite butter-like! It's crazy, I've heard so many good reviews about NYX but I've never gotten myself to take the plunge. For some reason, NYX is actually quite expensive where I live. When I compare the prices to the States I feel so ripped off buying it :(
Kristie said…
The blush color looks gorgeous. I have yet to try out the cream blushes. Thanks for the swatches.
Katrina said…
I love love love NYX everything! All of their goodies are so creamy and buttery, you chose the perfect word to describe!
Suzanna said…
Hey sweetie!! Thank you so much for stopping by!!! good luck on the contest! :)
The blush is so beautiful! It looks like something that would give you a healthy look flush when blended out on the cheeks :)
Unknown said…
wow..nice blog you have.... keep it up...it is really nice to visit here....



beware to be a victim...
bestessays.com scam


thanks,
badloi
At the same time, it should be said that the author provides a large overview of the problem of race, class and inequality in the USA because her description of the life of the Kentucky community can be easily extrapolated on the entire nation.

Popular Posts